Thursday, August 18, 2022

A Letter to my Teacher 09C Wednesday 14:10-15:10

Dear students,
Your first task is to answer the letter I read to you last week.
1. Write a first draft and share it with me. I will give you feedback on it.
2. 
Improve your writing. Correct and develop your letter.
3. Write a new letter on exam.net, to show me what you have learnt.

Before you start writing we need to take a look at some examples of useful phrases. You should not use all the phrases in the same letter. Pick those that suit your letter the best. These phrases are only examples. You should write other things in your letter as well:

Greeting:
Dear Susanna, 
Hello Susanna,

Starting your letter (Paragraph 1)
Thank you for your letter.
Lovely to hear from you.
How are you?
How are things?
I hope you are well.

Commenting on something (Paragraph 1)
I am so pleased to hear ...
It is great to hear ...
What wonderful news about ...

Moving the topic on (Paragraph 2)
Now I am going to tell you a little about myself...

Ending your letter (Paragraph 3)
Well, that's all for now.
Write back soon!
I look forward to hearing from you again.

End phrase:
All the best,
Best wishes,
See you soon,
Take care
Yours,
Love,
Lots of love,
Best regards,

Write your name!




No comments:

Post a Comment