Monday, November 15, 2021

Jobs in the future

 


Your final task of this project with jobs is to make a presentation. You are going to make a presentation about your dream job and what you need to do to become a/an...
Also make a presentation about yourself, in which you introduce yourself, tell people why you are interested in the job and why you think this occupation suits you. . You can make a presentation on one of the jobs that you have read about, or any other profession.


You should include the following information in your presentation: 

  • Introduce yourself briefly. 
For example: Hello! My name is XX and I am going to tell you a little bit about myself and why I would make an excellent job as a/an... 
I am Y years old and I come from Z.  I have lived here all my life/ I am originally from somewhere else and I moved here when I was...  years old. In my spare time, I ... . I am really good at ... 

  • Which job are you telling us about and why? 
For example: I want to become for the president of the United States because I have always been interested in leading a country... 

Not enough options? Check this list here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professions 

  • Why do you want to become a/an...? 
For example: I think I would make a very good .... because I am good at.. and I am... 
I handle stress really well. I work well alone as well as in groups. I learn fast and always do my best. 

Key phrases to use here: 
I am good at....
I am a good/great/excellent ... 
I do... very well 

I am... 


  • Conclusion 
For example: Well, that's it for me. Thank you for listening and I hope that you have learned something new.  


Keep in mind: 
Make a mindmap or jot down keywords of what you are going to include in your presentation. I do not, I repeat, do NOT want you to read from a script. 


There are two options for presenting:

  • Make a presentation in class. If you want to use Powerpoint or some other tool, that is totally fine. 
or...
  • Make a presentation in small groups of 3-4 students.
Let me know which alternative you choose,  

Good luck!

/Lavdije

Bildresultat för occupation

No comments:

Post a Comment